When complete, development at Wellington Gate will provide a residential-led mixed use sustainable community, offering 2,500 homes that cater for every need.
The masterplan, shown below, provides an illustration of how the design principles and parameters may be realised to create a high quality and responsive development.
The character and place-making principles relating to urban form and structure are fixed through this Masterplan. Future Reserved Matters planning applications will not be expected to replicate this Masterplan exactly, although will reflect the general pattern and character of the development.
The Masterplan comprises:
- About 2,500 new dwellings
- A mix of dwelling sizes and types for both affordable housing and open market housing
- Housing suitable for the elderly
- A mixed use local centre accessible to all to include a primary school
- Shop, community uses and a new civic space
- An additional primary school
- A secondary school
- A network of open spaces and play areas linked by safe and convenient pedestrian and cycle routes
- Playing fields for outdoor community sport
- A new community park
- The realignment of Denchworth Road
- A new link to the A338 by the completion of 1,500 dwellings
- Surface water drainage works
- Measures to encourage efficient use of resources like energy and water